Non-debuggerable situation: investigations

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 04:05:01 UTC 2005

Man oh man, I have been in the dumps the last couple of days from being rather
stuck on this.

I even headed back to 3.7 today.  Looks like I won't need to do that now.

You have made my day today!

Thank you Brent.

 - Chris

Yeooww, except..  Oops, it didn't work for me!

> 8. In 3.8-6550 this does NOT work. You can get it to work by
> 	a) adding ProtoObject>>inspectorClass as per step 5.
> 	b) reverting Inspector>>inspect: from Andrew Black's (apb) version
> 	   to Anthony Hannan's (ajh) version.

I tried a, then b, then both a and b in both a 3.8g-6550 image as well as the
3.9 image and it didn't work for me.

I'll bet there was some other change in the late hours you have that actually
fixed it for you.  Maybe its in your changes log..?

The way I test it is, I open a process browser, then do the "ProtoObject
basicNew printString" then go back to the process browser and press Command+u
on the process list to update the list and a ton of suspended processes are
suddenly there.