Looking for fileOutAsZipNamed:

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Feb 2 07:19:22 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 10:07 am, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> In  the comments of SMSARInstaller I read that:
>
> See ChangeSet>>fileOutAsZipNamed: for one way to make these files. Here
> is another way of creating a multi change set archive installable by
> SqueakMap:
>
> "The following doit will create a .sar file with HVs preamble and
> postscript as
> separate entries and the included changesets included as normal.
> Given a preamble as described below this will autoinstall in SqueakMap."
> (ChangeSorter changeSetNamed: 'HV')
>  fileOutAsZipNamed: 'httpview-021023.sar'
>  including: {
>   ChangeSorter changeSetNamed: 'HVFixes'.
>   ChangeSorter changeSetNamed: 'kom412'}
>

> But I cannot find implementors of fileOutAsZipNamed:
> Any idea where they went :)

They're probably in SARBuilder. But I don't know whether SARBuilder is working
right now in modern images.

Still, it's easy to do.

zip := ZipArchive new.

"for each changeset"
cs := ChangeSorter changeSetNamed: '5977DefaultChangeSetName-nk'.
string := String streamContents: [ :strm |
 cs fileOutPreambleOn: strm.
 cs fileOutOn: strm.
 cs fileOutPostscriptOn: strm ].
zip addMember: (ZipArchiveMember newFromString: string named:
'MyChangeSet.cs').

"then write it"
zip writeTo: (FileDirectory default newFileNamed: 'test.sar').

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/