[BUG] Criticl MultiByteFileStream and StandardFileStream in 3.8g

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 15:33:09 UTC 2005

Brent Pinkney <brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za> wrote:

> I have submitted some problems with MultiByteFileStream in
> 3.8 not being
> able to open on an image (.png).
>
> However if one reverts FileStream class>>concreteStream to
> StandardFileStream then the FileList cannot be used to open files as
> StandardFileStream does not implement #converter: and friends.
>
> This is a critical bug.

I'm running a 3.8-6550 image. I use ImageReadWriter>>formFromFileNamed: which ultimately calls FileDirectory>>readOnlyFileNamed: which calls FileStream class>>concreteStream. Of course, this returns a MultiByteFileStream.

My code works quite happily though - the image looks quite fine (in fact, you can see a screenshot I posted today in another thread).

Can you show a code snippet illustrating the problem? Do you get debuggers popping up & whatnot? Maybe you're using a non-standard default TextConverter?

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720