[ANN] Squeak VM sources have moved!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Feb 4 06:28:03 UTC 2005

Hi!

Wolfgang Mayer <wolfgangm_public at gmx.at> wrote:
> Tom Rushworth wrote:
>  > So I tried it with svn 1.1.3, and got:
>  >
>  > @ svn co http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms
>  > subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:670: (apr_err=175002)
>  > svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/squeak/!svn/vcc/default'
>  > subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:294: (apr_err=175002)
>  > svn: REPORT of '/svn/squeak/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
>  > (http://squeak.hpl.hp.com)
>  >
>  > My svn installation works as far as the test described in the
>  > installation ReadME:
>  >    svn cat http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/README
>  > I'm running on a Mac, OS X 10.3, behind a NATted firewall, if that makes
>  > any difference.
>
> We were seeing similar symptoms here (using svn 1.1.3 on Fedora Core 1,
> behind a Squid 2.5.STABLE6 proxy). It turned out that our proxy was not
> configured to handle the WebDAV requests svn uses to access the
> repository [see http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy].

Aha! Interesting. I had always though that one of the advantages of
WebDAV was full accessibility - but this of course proves it not to be
that simple.

> Our workaround is to route the svn connections through a Socks5 proxy:
> socksify svn co http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk
> works fine (using the Dante Socks library from http://www.inet.no/dante/).

Ok, worth noting somewhere. Could you put that on the Swiki? Which we of
course need to update regarding CVS etc - which is all obsolete now.

> It seems that e.g.
> svn cat http://squeak.hpl.hp.com/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/unix/README
> works if using the Squid HTTP proxy, while 'svn co ...' and 'svn update'
> do not.

Ok. If lots of people have issues I might put svnserve on it too - but I
assume that has even less chance of going through a proxy of course. :)

> - Wolfgang

regards, Göran