How do I load comanche on squeak 3.7

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Feb 4 08:42:02 UTC 2005

Hi guys

today I wanted to load the new version of SmallWiki and I need to load
comanche.
I took a new image 3.7 and I TRIED TO LOAD Comanche, but I should be
some idiot
that I could not.

After spending 15 min, I realized because I wrote  a how to long time
ago that in fact this was KomHTTPServer that should be loaded (Of
course what an idiot I'm) and then after I got a lot of messages about
dependencies not working, and then I got an error message that some
stuff were not resolved.......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOW DO I KNOW? WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BE  AN EXPERT OF THE PACKAGING of
Comanche to use it.

So imagine a guy coming to squeak.... What a fucking day. When I
imagine that I have been presenting Squeak and seaside at least 5 times
over the last month and that people will face this kind of problems,
I'm SAD.

So my question:
	- why there is a comanche entry if we cannot do anything with it?
	- when SqueakMap will have dependencies? Because if this dependency
model is
	so cool I would have only to click on SmallWiki2 and get everything
loaded.

I'm sorry goran I have nothing against you and you do your stuff over
night but
when people are telling me that money is not an issue to get stuff
done, I'm nearly vomiting
of sadness. (sorry do not know how to say that in english).

Stef