Shrinking sucks!

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Feb 4 12:34:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:48:21 +0100, Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> Well, too bad if Andreas gets annoyed. I'll help you out there. And piss
> off Craig in the process ;)
>
> Both Tweak and Spoon have the closed feel - holding back releases,
> dropping code with little guidance into the community, etcetera.

Not to speak for Craig, but he wrote this in October on the subject of
"hobbyists":

Ha! I have to disagree with you there, on both counts. First,
I'm doing a lot of work making a minimal system. For over a year I've
asked for discussion and reported progress, and I've made some releases.
While there have been some significant individual exceptions (see, for
example, the Squat acknowledgements) the general response to all of
these things has been, er, minimal.   From my point of view, it seems
like people are just sitting back waiting for a finished result. That's
still tenable; the part that concerns me is the lack of discussion about
desired features and integration timing. I guess the consensus is that
it's not worth discussing until there is a finished result (which may or
not do what people want :).

This sounds like a guy who wants help and was looking for feedback and got
bupkus. Nobody contradicted this, by the way, nor did anyone chime in when
I waxed enthusiastic about the project.

Just saying.