Shrinking sucks!

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Feb 4 15:25:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:59:17 +0100, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de> wrote:

> Actually you just have to use it. Spoon is there. Tweak is there. Tweak
> on top of Spoon without MVC or Morphic would be awesome, someone would
> just have to do it.

It's not that simple. Buy-in comes with trust that Tweak, Spoon, whatever
will work for the future; the greater the buy-in, the more the risk.
Certainly at the beginning, that will not work with some active parenting
by its creators (young code wants to be nursed ;)).

(and, as I repeated elsewhere, I'm not convinced that we need Spoon now;
nor a full-fledged commitment to Tweak. Just a 'burn the diskpacks'
minimalistic image that's maintainable by a handful of people. What I want
to do is to commit to the core that's already there, and be flexible
everywhere else - want to use Morphic? fine. Tweak? great. Zope-like stuff
through Seaside in a headless image? cool. wxWindows? of course. Croquet?
sure).