Morphic and business apps

Guenther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat Feb 5 00:15:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been using Dolphin for creating apps with a rather trivial business
logic, and it was a lot of fun, smalltalk is just great.

However since I'll hardly ever write a killer app, I just want my apps
at least to look cool.
I've seen some screenshots from the Exobox project (which unfortunately
I can't find anymore) and that's exactly the kind of UI I want to implement.

But that's pretty hard with Dolphin as it's using standard windows
widgets, I reckon I could try ActiveX, but that would take me out of
smalltalk.

How *is* Morphic, I mean how is it usable for writing, well business
apps with a great UI?

What I've seen is Morpic and Squeak used for Etoys, drawing and such but
I'm not sure if it's suitable for business apps. There is the bank
account tutorial and that's indeed a business app, but only showing
business logic, and no UI.

Your 2 cents very appreciated.

Günther