Morphic and business apps

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 5 08:08:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 01:15:14 +0100, Guenther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de>
wrote:
> However since I'll hardly ever write a killer app, I just want my apps
> at least to look cool.

Cool looking business apps, heh? ;)

The biggest drawback of Morphic, for me, is that you can't open different
windows - most apps want settings windows, dialogs, etcetera (however,
Opera operates in a single host window as well, so probably if you're
really good enough people will forgive you ;)).

Apart from that I think - especially with the new fonts - mostly
everything is there. You want to lock down Morphic but there is code to to
that (look at Squeak News, for example).

And stuff that ain't there can be written, of course ;)