Optional class extensions

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Feb 5 15:28:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:50:53 +0100, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> But what happens if you then save a new version of package P?  Those
> extensions will disappear, unless you take care to keep their
> definitions around, unloaded, and slip them back into any new version
> you create...

Yup. It's just a simple crutch to make it easier to load big packages in
small images...

(although keeping the definitions around wouldn't be that hard, I think.
But for the use I envision, not really necessary. You could set a pref
that makes the extensions silently optional or have them throw errors or
warnings in case you want to do development with them)