Mac 3.8.6b5 VM posted for testing

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sat Feb 5 15:46:28 UTC 2005

Am 05.02.2005 um 07:54 schrieb John M McIntosh:

> 3.8.6b5 uses the Unix CoreAudio sound plugin which apparently allows
> you greater flexibility in recording rates.
> Folks should confirm recording and sound playback works as in the past
> since we have dropped the ancient sound input and carbon based double
> buffering for sound playback.

Recording works fine. However, on playback I sometimes get a a very
sharp, short noise - most often when playing the first sound, once when
quitting, sometimes in between.

It's a bit hard to reproduce, but I get it fairly consistently when
dragging an object from the object catalog and immediately dropping it
back onto the catalog (don't know which sound that is), the first time
after starting the image.

This is a G4 Titanium running 10.3.7 ...

- Bert -