Error in loading script

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 17:25:05 UTC 2005

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the screen dump of the problem with the automated 3.7 image
build script (www.saltypickle.com/Home/10).  I just updated the 3.7
script and it now functions correctly for 3.7.   It appears that the
package 'Background Loader' on Squeak Map is not resolving properly so
essentially it is a 'Background Loader' package problem, but my build
script is not tolerant of the inability of a package that fails to
load.

So for the short term I commented out Background Loader.  I also took
the opportunity to upgrade the script to the latest packages of my
favorite programs.  Again, this automated build script is just *my*
favorite set of packages.  The technique of automating the build of
Squeak is useful to all I suspect -- and I'm glad others find it
useful.

Enjoy!

John

PS - As for the username / password dialogs that come up at the
beginning of the script execution, these can be left blank if you'd
like as it doesn't really matter unless you are trying to post updates
to my squeaksource (squeak.saltypickle.com).  The last dialog should
be a question about your initials for the image itself because ODBC
for Squeak package will require that later if I don't ask at the
beginning and there is nothing I hate more than an automated build
script that stops to ask a question in the middle of its work.

--
Only the mediocre are always at their best. -- Jean Giraudoux