Partitioning the image (was Re: Shrinking sucks!)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Mon Feb 7 17:07:45 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I've been reading all the recent threads with great interest.
I've been busy and haven't been able to read all this 'til today.
I've also been flirting with learning other things, but my heart just
has a hard time getting into Python or Ruby. I like Squeak. I want
Squeak to succeed and do better.

So these recent conversation are hopeful. :)

One thing I didn't see explicitly addressed and would like to ask or
comment on is which image is it that is desired to partition?

I am very pro the small or the best of the already shrunk images.
I like the idea of the smaller images and build up. There seems to be a
common interest in such.

Would it be of advantage in attempting to partition, carve up, and clean
up the best of the small or shrunk images?

It seems there would be less cruft and stuff to partition and wade
through. It also seems to me that progress towards a core could be
better and faster. Would this be true?

Anyway I look forward to seeing this progress. I don't know how much or
what I can do to help, but I too am looking forward to 'just do it' or
is that 'just doit'. :)

Got to go. Work calls or interferes. :(

Jimmie