[ANN] Stable Squeak 3.7 Universe

Steven Elkins sgelkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:30:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:38:57 -0500, Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Comments welcome.

The install mechanism isn't working for me.  When I try to install one
of the packages that isn't in universetmp/, I always time out waiting
for the server to respond.  I doubt it's a proxy getting in the way
because:

1. There isn't one,

2. The ordinary Squeak update mechanism works fine out of the box, and

3. I can't get at it from a shell account I have elsewhere.

I've pasted the URL from the debugger into an xterm.  Should things like...

lynx http://universes.dnsalias.net:8888/universes/repositories/stable-3.7/DNS.cs.gz

...work?  lynx times out waiting for the server too, both from the
house and from my remote shell account.  I guess it's my problem alone
since nobody else has mentioned it but I want to make sure.

Thanks,
Steve

--
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world.       -- Anne Frank