ClosureCompiler and ScaledDecimals

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Feb 8 10:27:55 UTC 2005

Am 08.02.2005 um 06:34 schrieb Brent Pinkney:

> Hi,
>
>> What now works is decompiling non-closure code to the IRBuilder
>> representation.
>
> What is this ? Is is a new parse tree ?

Not a parsetree. It's an intermediate representation of Bytecode. It
has the semantics of bytecode,
but the abstration is one step higher, e.g. no hard-coded jumps but
instead a controlflow encoded in
a graph of basic blocks.

>> (This is nice to do transformations on bytecode... which in turn is
>> useful for doing strange things without having to modify the vm).
>
> Aye, which is why I am interested in the decompiler.

So this will be usable quite soon:  Bytecode --> IR --> Transform -->
Bytecode. I hope to have something usable and documented
about that next week or so. I mean, it's nothing earth-shattering, but
it's quite interesting how easy you can do experiments
with this.

    Marcus