The future of Morphic (Was Re: Shrinking sucks!)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Feb 8 22:17:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:22:17 +0100, Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch>
wrote:

> actually, my experience of using Tweak as "just a better morphic" for
> implementing tools (debugger, browser) has been a very
> pleasent one. And that with zero documentation... quite easy to build
> GUI's with, even for standard boring bussiness user type
> of stuff I think it's quite nice.

Yes, but the question is whether the makers want to keep it that way, or
constantly burn diskpacks in order to make the end-user experience
(afaict, the main goal) better. Like, being pleasant to build apps with
might just be an unintended side-effect that is scrapped in the next
version because better ideas arise.

I'd welcome such a "ruthless" development cycle for end-user Squeak, but
it might mean that for boring old-style development we'de better stick
with something more controllable :)