[Tweak] Tweak position?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:09:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:48:26 -0800, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> As you might imagine I don't care too much about running headless - what
> would be more interesting (and an immense coolness factor) is if a
> SeasideUIManager would be capable of rendering a standard Squeak browser.

As you probably know, we already do this - there used to be a debugger
too but nobody actually used it.  This is pretty trivial, since there
are so few widgets (PluggableList, PluggableButton, PluggableText)
that actually get used in most of these tools.  Of course, you have to
recreate the layout for each UI paradigm, which is a shame.

I haven't looked at UIManager yet, but it sounds like something I've
wanted for a while; I'll take a look over the next couple of days at
hooking it into Seaside.

> Or Monticello. Or anything else ;-)

FWIW, if you look at Monticello, you'll see that almost none of the UI
uses Morphic directly; that's all encapsulated in a (rather
idiosyncratic) superclass called MCTool.  So it should be pretty
simple to port that to Tweak etc...

Avi