[Tweak] Tweak position?

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Feb 9 10:21:14 UTC 2005

Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, if you look at Monticello, you'll see that almost none of the UI
> uses Morphic directly; that's all encapsulated in a (rather
> idiosyncratic) superclass called MCTool.  So it should be pretty
> simple to port that to Tweak etc...

This is off-topic, but anyway: MCTool is absolutely wonderful. When I created my ImageMapEditor, I found myself not knowing where to even begin learning about Morphic. I knew I wanted something like Monticello (in the sense of having a row of buttons at the top of the morph), so looked at how MC did things. And MCTool blew me away!

(To avoid a dependency on Monticello, my ImageMap package copies lots of code out of MCTool, but I really wouldn't mind seeing something like MCTool outside of Monticello - it really is a fantastically useful class.)

frank

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)