How I could know what the common minimal should be Re: Partitioning the image (was Re: Shrinking sucks!)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 9 13:11:13 UTC 2005

Squeakers beyond the seas.

I'm in this shrinking business for a while and I wish check some points.

1) Minimal code for doing something.

Suppose I wish know the exact methods performed for doing Morph new or
[Socket  tcpCreateIfFail: [self halt] (as example).

I try Jesse Welton MessageSendTree and built in MessageTally  without
success .

One hour of detective work and I found:

Transcript show: (ContextPart tallyMethods: [Socket
        tcpCreateIfFail: [self halt]]).

Its correct ? This process could be expanded for having a skeletal image ?
(That is , a one what only have the super minimal code for later Monticello
or SM code loading )

2) Cees , I thanks again, but you could manage for members have anonymous
secure download of stuff in http://tai42.xs4all.nl/~edgar ?.

I remember all there is a demo rts shrinked morphic image, a SqueakDiet
proposal and by the week end a second improved/shrinked MVC image what Cees
semms like.

3) Again I ask how I could intercept debugging process in shrinked image for
each time something go wrong this pass control to normal image.

Thanks all in advance.

Edgar