Alan Kay on forks

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 13:32:15 UTC 2005

Well, kinda.  This is from
http://acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=273

"Q: What do you wish you had done differently in the Smalltalk era?

A: I had the world's greatest group, and I should have made the
world's two greatest groups. I didn't realize there are benefits to
having real implementers and real users, and there are benefits to
starting from scratch every few months. I hired finishers because I'm
a good starter and a poor finisher, but it took me a long time to
realize that I was interfering with them by trying to improve things."