UI abstractions "task force" (Was: Re: [Tweak] Tweak position?)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 9 15:37:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:09:40 +0100, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Along those lines - I'm not sure how wxSqueak handles this, but
> Seaside definitely needs  "UIManager default" to be some form of
> dynamic variable (process-local, or walk the stack), rather than a
> global.  I'm surprised Tweak doesn't need that too; don't you have
> cases where Morphic is running in one scope and Tweak in another, and
> you'd want to pop up the right dialog depending on where you were when
> you sent #inform:?

More complicated than that. I want "self inform: 'foo'" to pop up a dialog
in whatever environment is running (process-local, probably); but "'foo'
inspect" to pop up a dialog in the environment I as a developer told the
system I like. So no Seaside inspectors if I'm quite happy to go to my
image's window and do the inspect there...