[Maybe Spam] Re: Weirdness in BFAV's listing

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Feb 9 16:43:14 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:54:22 -0000, Frank Shearar
> <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Did something go funny when the BFAV server stuff moved
> servers? Have I
> > gone mad?
> >
> Let's put it down to that. BFAV moved servers, worked nicely,
> and then I
> passed by and decided to junk exim and install qmail (mostly
> for ezmlm).
> Exim runs mail delivery scripts as the daemon user, qmail as
> the user
> user, which messed up because all the BFAV files were owned
> by the daemon
> user.
>
> Anyway, Ken noticed this yesterday and he corrected it. No postings
> should've been lost but I don't know a whole lot about BFAV
> so double
> stuff could well have slipped in during all this transition stuff.

Yes, it doesn't look like anything got lost.

Your explanation sounds most plausible, so I'll write it off. There's no harm done as far as BFAV's concerned - it just looks very weird seeing all these repeated messages. Once we close the affected threads, we won't see the messages anyway, except in the All tab of the BFAV client.

frank

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)