UI abstractions "task force" (Was: Re: [Tweak] Tweak position?)

Darius squeakuser at inglang.com
Thu Feb 10 01:36:59 UTC 2005

> (for example, does a tool need to remember the UI builder
> so that it can request an appropriate dialog box?).

Per the "don't interrupt the user's concentration and let them finish what they
are doing" cognitive UI philosophy, can we think about a better alternative to
the modal, pop-up dialog box and the modal, pop-up progress bar?

What’s the plan for the user keyboard input focus in Tweak? (ala tabbing between
widgets/forms/projects/actors)?

Or, better still, direct jump to field by auto complete
widget/form/project/actor label or widget/form/project/actor name.

And even better still, a user selectable widget focus-path to skip least used
widgets.

Cheers,
Darius