patch for inisqueak (add only symbolic link to SqueakVx.sources)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 10 17:47:08 UTC 2005

There is a more mature start-up script in the Debian distribution.  I'll
attach it.  It assumes that your VM is named "squeakvm", so that you can
call the script simply "squeak".  To be blunt, I don't know why anyone
would want to use inisqueak, now that this is available.

This script links all sources files it finds in /usr/share/squeak.  This
is redundent, but symlinks are cheap, and there's no way to
automatically tell which sources file an image will want.

There is no separate -s option, but is that really necessary?  If you
have the script do the right thing to begin with, then you don't need an
option to fix things up.  Perhaps the script should do this linking even
when in "run" mode, not just at install time?  I haven't really thought
about it, because I always use the script to install a fresh image.  Why
not?  It's more convenient than unzipping and/or copying image and
changes files around.  Thoughts?

More info is at:

	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-July/080394
.html