Newbie: OS X Install - Failure or Fails to Run

Jack Bunce jackbunce at mac.com
Thu Feb 10 22:13:48 UTC 2005

Running OS X 10.3.7 on my 12" Powerbook 867 Mhz PowerPC G4 with 640MB.
I have downloaded Squeak 3.7 Full - Mac and Unstuffed using Stuffit 8.0
into its own folder which is presently on the desktop.  Within the
folder I have 5 files and a folder named Plugins.  The files are:
ReadMe.txt, Squeak 3.7.5 Beta 1, Squeak 3.7-5989-full changes, Squeak
3.7-5989-full.image, and Squeak V3.sources.

When I attempt to start Squeak by dragging the image file onto the
Beta1 file or by double clicking on the image file or by double
clicking on the Beta 1 file I get the appropriate icon to flash and
then nothing else follows.

There are no entries in either the System or Console logs.  It just
does not work.  I thought it might be a permissions issue but I appear
to have read write to the files and the application.  I also tried
starting it with "top" running and there is no change in that screen
either.

I have been able to download a Windows version and it works on my XP
Pro system.

I am looking for some information on how to proceed or at least
troubleshoot it further.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

cheers...  jack