Porting to Playstation2.

David Ryan Oobles at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:21:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to Smalltalk and Squeak but saw Alan Kay's demo at
Oopsla last year.  I decided back then that I would have a go at porting
squeak to the Playstation2.  Alan Kay's interview on slashdot reminded
me that I still hadn't done a thing about it.

A quick search on the google list shows that Squeak was ported to
PS2/linux, however I'd like to do a native build.  I run the web site
www.ps2dev.org where a group of people have created an open source dev
kit for the ps2.  We have a gcc cross compiler, and enough libraries to
get to most parts of the ps2.  We have drivers for USB mouse and
keyboard so it should be possible to have the whole environment put on a
memory card or CD on a stock standard PS2.  There's 32MB memory in the
PS2, so not sure if that will be a problem.

So where do I start?  Links, examples, etc would be helpful.  I also run
a CVS server at ps2dev.org so will be happy to host the port there.

Thanks,
David.