SqueakSource problems again

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Feb 11 11:11:52 UTC 2005

Hi SqueakSource users,

Our SqueakSource server again had a problem saving the metadata to
disc. Unfortunately we lost all meta information since 2nd February.
This means, that any created project or member, changes to access
rights and especially information about commits since this date were
lost. Source code was correctly saved but can not be accessed through
SqueakSource directly anymore. If you don't have a copy of your sources
(e.g., from your images) I can get it from the server and send it to
you by mail. Please make sure what's missing and re-commit it if
needed.

The problem was that a primitive to access the filesystem failed (maybe
because it is mounted over the network?) and today the image hang with
100% cpu consumption so that I couldn't get to the data anymore. It's
really time that we move to better strategies for persistency and to a
newer server to make SqueakSource more reliable.

Sorry, for the trouble.

Adrian