[Q] Underscore character in 3.8gamma vs 3.9alpha

Stoffel, Andrew andrew.stoffel at jenzabar.net
Fri Feb 11 17:26:01 UTC 2005

A fairly simple question. I hope.

[1] I have two images: 3.8gamma-6550 and 3.9alpha-6550

[2] I have a text file with many, many underscores in it. I load it
    into a workspace in my 3.9 image and the underscores look like
    'normal' underscores.

[3] I load the same file into a workspace in my 3.8 image and the
    underscores look like 'Squeak underscores' (left pointing arrows).

[4] I save a project in my 3.9 image that contains that workspace.

[5] I load that saved project into my 3.8 image. The underscores in that
    workspace are still underscores. But any new workspaces (or anything
else)
    opened in that loaded project are 'Squeak underscores'

And now I'm left wondering what I did in that 3.9 image to get the
underscore
character to look 'normal', like an actual "_" Or is this a 3.9alpha thing?
No idea... but I would like to have that behavior in my 3.8 image. Is it a
theme? A character set/font? Some changeset I don't remember?)

Ideas/suggestions wanted/desired. Laughter? Not so much.

Thanks :-).