FishEyeMorph

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Feb 12 04:55:03 UTC 2005

On Friday, February 11, 2005, at 04:03 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   While ago, somebody wrote the FishEyeMorph.  As far as I remember,
> that way it worked was that the area close to the center gets
> magnified more, and the peripheral area gets magnified less.  In this
> way, it was more like a fish eye after all.
>
>   However, in these days, the logic is reversed; the peripheral area
> is magnified more.
>
>   Does anybody know why it has changed (and who)?

That is bizarre.  I hadn't tried it in a while, but you are right, now
the peripheral area is magnified more.

I went back and tried a 3.0 image, it works properly there (center is
magnified more).  But in 3.6 it's reversed, as it is now.  I don't have
any 3.2/3.4 images handy to try on this machine.  Maybe there's a
simple setting to fix it.

- Doug