Hey, a namsepaces discussoin! (Was: Re: Partitioning the image (was Re: Shrinking sucks!))

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sun Feb 13 13:07:35 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:01:08 +0100, Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> Packages were, IIRC, introduced by StORE (I won't start about that bit,
> but it's their version system. It also sucks).

That's interesting...

I used VisualWorks back with version 5i.2 for a year (in a contract, 2001),
and it took us (the team) a good six months of daily use before we stopped
cursing it (StORE), realized how it all worked, and suddenly started loving
it. The merge tool is the glue that holds the whole thing together.

I don't want to get into a long drawn-out argument here, but, at least in
my mind, StORE definitely doesn't suck, and given a choice between it and
Envy (which is what I use in my current job), I'd take StORE any day.

Later,
Jon