graphic designers: trash can icon!!

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Feb 13 13:07:33 UTC 2005

Lex Spoon wrote:

>The current trash can icon in Squeak does not look right if your
>background is non-white.  I have played a little with trying to fix it,
>but this is beyond my graphics tweaking skills.

I don't know much either... It depends on how the image is stored. If it
is stored in a 32-bit format, make sure that all of the pixels off of
the square have an "alpha" value of 0. Then examine all the pixels along
the edge... They should have a RGB value equal to the color of the can
and an A value representing where they are along the edge of the can,
For example a pixel that is only 25% on the immaginary mathematical line
of the can's edge should have an alpha value of 0.25.  The main part of
the can should have an alpha value of 1.0.