[ANN] Audio Video Library

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Sun Feb 13 17:16:55 UTC 2005

Hi

I would like to annonce my project to build a Library for processing
audio and video material with squeak. I put a 1st version on the
SqueakSource at kilana.unibe.ch. It's not much yet. But you can load
and analyze avi container with mpeg 4 video and mp2 and mp3 audio
content.

I did this because I needed a tool to repair some broken avi files.
Other tools I tried just failed badly.

Try this:

RIFFArchive openOn: 'test.avi'
  "use explore it to get a nice tree view of the chunks in the avi"

"open a transcript and execute the following to get some information
about the contents"
(RIFFArchive openOn: 'test.avi') analyzeVideoStream

"To extract the streams inside the avi container do:"
(RIFFArchive openOn: 'some.avi')
 extractAllStreamsToFile: 'base_fileName'.

"If you have raw streams you can create an avi this way:"
| avi |
avi :=
AVIFile with: (M4VStream on: 'video.m4v')
    with: (MPAStream on: 'audio.mp3').
avi runtime: 100.
avi frameRate: 24000 / 1001.
avi createIndex. "not working yet"
avi writeTo: (StandardFileStream newFileNamed: 'test.avi')

Here is my tentative todo list.
- write more documentation and tests
- cleanup and speedup
- add more container formats like mp4, matroska
- add mpeg2 handling (-> dvd authoring???)
- connect with the other multimedia bits in squeak (sound, video
playing, ...)

The project is of course open for everyone to join.

Enjoy,
Martin