graphic designers: trash can icon!!

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Feb 13 20:20:04 UTC 2005

On Feb 13, 2005, at 10:18 AM, Lex Spoon wrote:

> The current trash can icon in Squeak does not look right if your
> background is non-white.  I have played a little with trying to fix it,
> but this is beyond my graphics tweaking skills.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix the thing so that it looks okay on an
> arbitrary background?  Or, is there a trashcan icon we can steal from
> somewhere else?  Or does someone want to draw a new one?

Oddly enough we actually have a brand new trash can in 3.9alpha, if you
download it from squeak.org.  (It was part of Diego's look changes.)

The border of the new can seems to look fine if you make the background
non-white.

There are a few aspects of the new look that we may need to revert or
fix, such as the default code font which doesn't have left assignment
arrows.  But the new trash can looks pretty nice! :)

> Don't forget there are really two icons: closed can, and open can.

The new can is always open.

- Doug