[ANN] Audio Video Library

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Sun Feb 13 22:41:23 UTC 2005

At 06:16 PM 2/13/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I would like to annonce my project to build a Library for processing
>audio and video material with squeak. I put a 1st version on the
>SqueakSource at kilana.unibe.ch. It's not much yet. But you can load
>and analyze avi container with mpeg 4 video and mp2 and mp3 audio
>content.
>
>I did this because I needed a tool to repair some broken avi files.
>Other tools I tried just failed badly.

Very cool.

Have you given any thought to DVD-Video repair?  There are quite a few poorly-authored DVDs out there. Check out:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_4/dvd-benchmark-part-5-progressive-10-2000.html

Towards the bottom of this (very long) page you'll see a section called 'Partial List of Things That Can Go "Wrong" on a DVD'.

A tool that could fix some of these problems would be nice.

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com