[ANN] Audio Video Library

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sun Feb 13 22:57:43 UTC 2005

 "Martin Kuball" <MartinKuball at web.de> wrote:

<snip>
> Hi
>
> I would like to annonce my project to build a Library for processing
> audio and video material with squeak. I put a 1st version on the
> SqueakSource at kilana.unibe.ch. It's not much yet. But you can load
> and analyze avi container with mpeg 4 video and mp2 and mp3 audio
> content.
>
> I did this because I needed a tool to repair some broken avi files.
> Other tools I tried just failed badly.
</snip>

Thank you for doing that work, Martin!
It looks very promising.
However, initialization of AudioVideoLib-Container-maku.1.mcz
runs into an error. This is because
   AvihChunk initialize
is evaluated before
   RIFFChunk initialize
was evaluated.

RIFFChunk initialize creates an IdentityDictionary that is needed for
AvihChunk initialize.
I think the problem here is that (as in change sets) there
is no way to control the sequence in which the class initializers
are called.
A quick fix would add a check in
RIFFChunk class>registerHandler:forType:

Greetings,
Boris