MCP (Morphic Cleanup Project)

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sun Feb 13 23:34:31 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 9:32 pm, Ruedi Steinmann wrote:
> I'm digging through the event handling (just understood mouseDown
> handling now). It looks like that part could be simplified without
> loosing felexibility. I'd like to start doing it, but I have some
> concerns:
> - How do I share the work? I was on IRC at the beginning of the last
> harvesting party but nothing was going on.

It would probably be a good idea to keep in touch about what you are thinking
about doing.

I'd suggest posting a brief sketch of your ideas on the list to get feedback
from those of us who've already spent some time with Morphic event handling
(and still have the scars).

> - Which version should I use? Is it 3.8alpha.

Probably it would make sense to use 3.9alpha.

> - When I change something, fix the image, will everyone else I hurt jell
> at me? (and probably get my work out of squeak again)

At least in my experience, it's far more likely that people will ignore you
than yell at you. There are a number of things that have been posted to the
list that have not gotten the attention they've deserved.

So this is another reason that having some discussion before you put a lot of
work into the project can help: it can help recruit others who will then be
excited about what you did.

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz