[OT] A request for participation

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Feb 15 01:27:08 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

Sorry to spam the list with an off topic solicitation, but, ok, I'm not
*that* sorry.

At my lab, one of our grad students is completing her doctoral work with
an experiment on trust network inference and recommneder systems. But we
need more participants!

If you'd like to help out, please go to:
	http://trust.mindswap.org/FilmTrust
and
	1) Sign up, it'll only take a few minutes
	2) Rate a few movies -- we're connected to IMDB, so you can rate
	   just about anything
	3) Review a movie or two
	   and most importantly
	4) add a friend to your friend's list; you can search for people,
	   or you could convince people to join!

(If you are interested in the course of work, you might check out the
student's (Jen Golbeck's) blog: http://april1.blogspot.com/ )

She's gotten some very good results (a very simple algorithm producing
amazingly accurate and resiliant inferences). The work is similar to
Advagato (which I believe is powering SqueakPeople...sooooo, a connection!
:).

In any case, I really appreciate y'alls tolorance for this note and even
more anyone's participation.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.