[3.8g] [m17n] [Unicode] [TTF] Thank you Yoshiki-san!

hjh-sqlist hjh-sqlist at lexdb.net
Tue Feb 15 20:16:42 UTC 2005

Hello

I have been using the Squeak 3.8g image with the m17n (Unicode) enhancements
for more than 6 week now for productive work (dynabook, note taking,
presentations, concept maps, application ports from earlier Squeak versions).

It opens up whole new possibilites of work for me. I would like to thank
Yoshiki Ohshima for his continued efforts all these years to bring it up to the
level we can use now.

Especially I like the feature that I can read in Unicode TTF fonts. Who did
update the TTF-Reader? Ned Konz?

In addition Boris Gaertner shed a lot of insights in the inner workings by
writing
a report and he as well created a Bitmap font called SofijaUC and a glyph
browser
http://bgaertner.gmxhome.de/Sqm17n.htm

Regards
Hannes

P.S. How is the status of the french translations dictionary?