Partitioning the image (was Re: Shrinking sucks!)

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Feb 14 22:14:57 UTC 2005

Hi Alexandre,

First of all I must apologize that I have not yet looked at your code. I
already used up twice my weekly Squeak time for answering Lex' and Neds
mails. :-(

Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Why not to have a class Package intended to replace PackageInfo ?
> This class package would have variables such as name, classes, methods, comment, and eventually postDoableAction. This is what I propose in the changesets I posted.
Well, having a class Package sounds very good definitely. ;-) If you use
instances for representing packages, however, where do you keep your
package specific code? That is IMO the critical part of the information.
In Strings? (Yuck!) Does senders and implementers find it?

> Perhaps we might need a variable attribute pointing to a dictionary where #comments, #postDoableAction, #SMEntry would be entries.
I must admit that I don't really like this dictionary approach.

Thanks for you work!

- Bernhard