[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 16 08:50:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:56:16 +1100, Russell Penney
<russell.penney at tincanct.com> wrote:
> Namespaces here we come.

Err??

Lessee. I can speak for myself with authority, and I have said "there
ain't no need for namespaces". I think I can speak for Goran here, he has
cobbled up The Simplest Thing he could come up with, actually just some
syntactic sugar over prefixing, and allthough he vigourously defends his
solution, he has also stated, multiple times, that there's no pressing
need for namespaces at the moment.

No, I don't think that namespaces will be high on our agenda :)

(furthermore, I don't think we're going to shove stuff down the
community's throat, especially not stuff we built, and certainly not where
we haven't EARNED any support from that community).