[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Feb 16 10:31:06 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:

<snip loads of stuff>

> The general community? Well, speak up. That is the only way we will
> really know. Given all we have been doing and are doing for the
> community I really think most people realize we are "good guys" with
> good intent. Really.

My opinion: I don't particularly care how my image-related bugfixes, ENH etc, get in the image, as long as they get reviewed and harvested reasonably promptly.

That means that SOMEONE has to take responsibility and be granted the authority (capability) to, for instance, harvest a bugfix. Right now, what decision processes do we have? None. And, well, looking at the names on that "in group", I'm happy to give them my support - I've not been a member of the Squeak community for particularly long, but I've seen these guys do good work and prove they're on the up & up.

Hey, if it doesn't work, kick them out.

frank

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)