[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 16 10:27:29 UTC 2005

Hi Kamil and all!

Kamil Kukura <kamk at volny.cz> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > The proposed "in" list is not representative.  Where are the educators
> > and education researchers?  They are Squeak's raison d'etre.  And where
> > are the people representing *my* views on how Squeak should move
> > forward?  Am I supposed to send supplications to a private mailing list?
> >  Get real.  I have been hoping for a new Squeak organization to support
> > *more* Squeakers than merely squeak-dev.  This effort moves in the wrong
> > direction, and represents only a subset of squeak-dev, which is itself a
> > small subset of the Squeak community.
>
> I also don't agree how this leading group has been formed. There was no
> election process yet (if I'm not wrong). For example, I think Goran
> Krampe did overwhelming contribution to the community, but Michael
> Rueger has three marginal posts to squeak-dev for last month. It
> confuses me little bit. But still again, I am happy somebody at least
> expressed their will to devote to leadership. Should we accept it, is
> question of us who are in more or less in touch with Sqeuak. Or am I wrong?

No, you are right - if I understood you correctly. The community always
has the final say. If we can't get your trust it all ends there. As it
should.

Election process - as I have tried to explain, there is no such process
in place to use today. So no, we decided to just "do it" and we are
hoping for you all to help us. For the next 6-12 months or whatever it
turns out to be.

Regarding Michael, he has done lots for Squeak during the years and even
if he hasn't been that active lately he did recently take the initiative
for the SqF formation together with Stephane. And Michael is in short a
great guy with connections back in time. :)

regards, Göran