Two clarifications on the leadership (was RE: [ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Feb 16 16:11:31 UTC 2005

hi frank

Frank I can tell you that we are really concerned about making sure
that people can make money with squeak.... Adrian has a company with 9
people developing partly in squeak and this is important for him,
and I'm sure that other people are also relying on squeak. Our goal (if
you read the roadmap for 3.9)
was to offer a better environment for developers (refactorings all the
way down, better tools, completion,........).
So what I suggest to you is not to be worried. I think that goran and
his crew will do a good job.

What should worries you is that important fixes and changes to improve
the system gets stuck
because nobody cares.

With the SqF what we are trying to do is to have a real good web site
so that clients of your company can go and get insured that squeak is
not a toy. Because adrian got the problem that he cannot tell to his
clients
that it is developed in Squeak. The seaside web site is part of this
overall effort that I'm pushing to get Squeak and seaside a better
look. And I think that www.seaside.st has a cool look. Isn't it?

Stef