[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Russell Penney russell.penney at tincanct.com
Wed Feb 16 16:16:31 UTC 2005

> Hi Stephane and all!
>
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Hi goran
> >
> > I think that we should proceed by example :)
> >
> > So your group should propose an agenda and people will evaluate
> > and will certainly agree.
>
> We will, you just have to give us at least a day or two - we all have
> day jobs you know. :)
> We are still getting our bearings here. We were a bit surprised by some
> of the negativeness, to say the least. :)

I think the negativity came about because this seems like more of the same
talk without doing, with the added bonus that it comes across in a very
alienating way (which could be your writing style and my and others reading
style :)

Next time, can I suggest get the agenda first and THEN announce? Not the
other way around. You want trust; show that you can earn it. And before the
flame war erupts again, I am NOT putting your efforts down; I am in awe of
many, many people on this list and what they have done for the community and
Squeak. However you haven't done THIS before.
A man may deliver many babies, doesn't mean he can have one himself.

Russell