[Monticello] MCRepositoryInspector bug..?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:55:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:07:58 -0800 (PST), Chris Muller
<afunkyobject at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I noticed that MCFileRepositoryInspector invalidates 'version' and
> 'selectedVersion' in #versionSelection:.  MCRepositoryInspector>>#version on
> the other hand, does lazy initialization but does not invalidate the selection
> as far as I can tell.

Yes, it doesn't surprise me that there's a bug here - I don't know of
anyone who actually uses anything other than file-based repositories.
Browsing MCRepositoryInspector, it looks like there's a huge amount of
duplication there with MCFileRepositoryInspector; I suspect the one
was copied from the other a while ago and as things have changed only
one got updated.  So the right fix would be to refactor things to have
them both share as much code as possible; the temporary workaround
would probably be to copy the implementation of #versionSelection:
from MCFileRepositoryInspector to MCRepositorYInspector.

Avi