squeakdot? (was: Re: [ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!)

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 19:38:16 UTC 2005

Russell Penney wrote:

> Ah I know what the issue is; there are contradictions in what you are saying
> now and previous emails by you, others in the islands group and other in
> influence.

By the way, how many squeak-related lists are there at the moment? I
know of squeak-dev (which I read more frequently since Cees shrinking
experiences), squeak-ev (german squeakers list), tweak and, only partly
squeak related smallwiki and seaside. Islands? Another list about an
ongoing squeak development? Also, there are squeaksource (not every
interesting package gets announced) and some other (more or less
private) squeaksource servers. Additionally, one should check the
minnow-squeak swiki changes from time to time.

The question which comes to my mind: would some kind of "squeakdot.org"
or "Zack's squeak summary" (okay, we'll not have to find a Zack, just
making the link to this other huge opensource-thingy related mailing
list) just add another point of interest you'll have to check, or could
it be some kind of: "See, that's this months new high points of
interested, so if you want to catch up with the latest movement, you
propably want to check here, here and here"?

I would do it now, but first I'm on a GPRS line (and I don't wanna have
to code java for food, so I'll have to look at my transfers till may),
second I don't want to create another one of this squeak related "setup
done and forgotten ever since - just another thing to show how useful it
is to fire up background tabs in your browser from google and close them
as fast as you've opened them"-sites, third: I maybe missed the thing
that it's already there.

I made a break with squeak during writing my diploma-thesis, and tried
to catch up a year. Hm, what should I say? It's a bit like this weblog
phenomenon (and yes, I have my own). Everyone wants his very own, but at
one point, adding some value to World, it decreases it because the cost
of categorizing a snip of information as "worthwile" or "not
interesting" raises faster than the gain you'll get by combining the
given information and make knowledge of it.

(Hmm, re-reading, I think I give more arguments against it. What do you
think?)

--
http://reauktion.de/archer/