[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 20:12:31 UTC 2005

Hello everyone,

gkbs> Hi fellow Squeakers!

gkbs> Pour yourself a cup of coffee, grab hold of your keyboard and read the
gkbs> rest of this posting - even if it *is* long. Ok? :)

this is a momentous time to enter squeak! A good time!

I'm following the list for several months but I have to get rid of
some obligations before I even can invest sufficient time to learn
squeak (smalltalk). But I feel squeak is a way to go for the
professional developer (not only but amongst others).

Reading the list is a proof in itself that it is necessary to start
acting, just keeping a lid on frustration will only make more people
go away. The silently working because of frustration, those who are
kicking because of burnout. Boredom will follow .... and stasis.

And whoever steps up and takes steps will find that some disagree and
try to stop the process. Often mainly because of the way it's done.

Anyway the mysterious-islanders have taken a risk and proven courage
in doing something necessary in a (what I feel integrative) way they
consider best for the community.

I deeply respect that and wish you all luck and success in this
endeavour!

Best regards,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net