[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at cox.net
Thu Feb 17 03:21:10 UTC 2005

My reaction here has nothing to do with not wanting to see leadership.
I think the delivery was dumb.  Leadership is having a clear vision and
having people willing to come along.

I have a lot more respect for the model, that shows respect for the
group as a whole, where you announce your intent and seek feedback.
Not necessarily on what you will do as you guide or lead but on gaining
support for your desire to lead.  My gut reaction is very negative to
someone that announces they are in charge now, when I didn't even
though there was someone seeking it.

Does that make sense?  I'm just saying what felt like an arbitrary
unilateral action may have in fact been a great thing if you at least
shared your intent before doing so.

The right thing now is for all of us to find a way to reconcile the
issues and complaints that people have had (which I enumerated
somewhat) and get this baby going forward with great efficiency.
Better tools, better plans, better code!

  - Steve