Linux dist - which one? or where?

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Feb 17 11:03:07 UTC 2005

Howdy!

Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > So, maybe this helps to identify my particular predicament. Still - it
> > would be nice to see clear distribution in general.
>
> Sure, somebody just needs to do it.

That issue will probably be looked at promptly since there is an ongoing
effort to create a new www.squeak.org website. (Stephane leading it)

Also, the new server has a filearea waiting to hold files (currently
holds all Win32 distributables) etc. We just haven't gotten to throwing
on a pretty face yet. :) And the intent is that we will have all Squeak
distributables on that file area - even though port maintainers may have
their own master sites (and the one on the server being a mirror of
that).

Now, this was just about having a nice place for getting the files - the
actual packaging etc for platforms is still up to port maintainers.

> - Bert -

regards, Göran