a simple solution to Package, preinst/postinst/etc

Michal michal-list at auf.net
Thu Feb 17 11:49:52 UTC 2005

> Or, better yet, add new definition types to Monticello for these so
> that all you need is the .mcz file.  If this is what people want it
> should be easy enough to do; the main thing is just to get the tool
> support for editing these things.

Excellent. I now have a 20-mn hack that transforms the ChangeSorter
into a PackageSorter. I added dummy methods #preamble #postscript
#beforeRemoval #afterRemoval to PackageInfo, as a hooks for the
PackageSorter.

If it is easy for you to do that, could you whip up a prototype of
what these methods (or their counterpart in Monticello if that's where
you want to put them) should actually look like given your suggestion
above?

With that done, we could have a working system in a very short time.

Michal